Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 52 - Forgive me father..

for I have sinned. It has been a week since my last blog post. Fortunately, I have had a distinct lack of PCP related sinning in the interim, and for this i give thanks.

Ah, the grim perserverance indeed. Around the 50% mark, like many others,  I had a fairly strong case of CBAS (what is known in my circles as Can't Be Assed Syndrome), but frankly just to spite myself, I have been ensuring that everything gets done to the letter, including daily skip quota in the morning, and a few extras thrown in before the evening work out to keep the fat burning ticking over. Really starting to feel the changes and the benefit now.. Was sitting back on my sofa absentmindedly with my hand on what i thought was my chest bone, but realised it was actually my abs post workout, which was a good feeling.. its all getting stronger.

One thing that I did pick up this weekend was a television programme that was so horrendous that I could not actually change the channel for bout 20 minutes: Bridalplasty. OH. MY. GOD. If it was not real, it would not be nearly so upsetting... From what I could see, 12 women of varying sizes and weight (some of which were on the larger side, and some of which were frankly already in great shape) fight it out for the right to have themselves lipo'd, cut, sucked etc so that when their big wedding day comes, they can have been recreated into the perfect woman for their wedding day. The first challenge was for each of the women to do a timed puzzle test to put pieces on a board to form a picture of themselves in their wedding gown. Each of the first 10 contestants to do so were to pick up their prize (a syringe) and then run downstairs for their in house surgeon to insert botox into their faces, leaving the two unlucky brides-to-be sobbing uncontrollably at the thought that they would miss out. One particular girl in one of her intimate shot-to-camera moments said something along the lines of 'if i can just do these 17 procedures, then i will finally be beautiful enough to go down the aisle'. And the thing was, this woman WAS attractive. Yes, a little on the big side, but got me thinking that 90 days of something like the PCP would get her so close to where she wanted to be. But in this crazy fast food world, the only way she could see herself improving herself was the fast and lazy way of cutting herself to bits. Honestly. the joy on these girls faces at the mere mention of 'and tomorrows challenge brings the Lipo Doctor to the House' and the shrieks of delight that ensued thereafter...

ANYWAY, this type of tv is supposed to be provocative by nature.. but please, what is the world coming to?

Here is a nice little clip which depicts nicely this insanity:



Otherwise, digging the return of protein to the evening smorgasbord, and more intense targetting of the muscle groups. Things starting to ramp up again.. Bring it please.

4 comments:

  1. This is why I don't have cable. Way to kick CBAS in the A. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the fact that people are willing to cut themselves open before putting in some diet and exercise discipline speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone wants the easy way out! It won't work. A friend had her stomach stapled about 10 years ago ---- she's now back up to her big size! Sad, sad, sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CBAS reference, can't believe that I missed that...

    ReplyDelete